Saturday 29 June 2013

Sucker for Punishment

I have 2 weeks to go until my Wales marathon.  I'm feeling pretty good about it, my training has been going well and I feel pretty strong. Only issues are a niggle with my right foot and some reoccurring blisters. I probably won't beat my Edinburgh time since the course is so hilly, but I'll see what I can do.  I really would like to to nail 3:15, but I'm not sure that my fitness is up to that level without a flat course.  I'll give it my best though ;)

Training continues, even through the ever rainy British summer
On the diet front I've really been neglecting myself.  I've always tried to explain to people that the central part of a vegan diet is to eat more vegetables.  Vegetables are awesome, varied and packed full of nutrients, yet I've forgotten my own advice and been neglecting them.  I had a low point earlier this week where I really felt crappy, a low energy vibe that I haven't felt since going plant powered.  The good news is I recognised the issue and a daily dose of quality veg has turned things around before it became a problem.

Listen to your mum folks - eat your vegetables!

Next up is some exciting news. I've been looking for the next challenge, something that is both scary and exciting, to get me motivated and pushing forward.  Today I signed up for two new events that I think fit that description (and then some) perfectly:
I've signed up for both.  Madness! More news as it breaks...

No comments:

Post a Comment