Sunday 27 January 2013

Break in the weather

Lots of good news for this post my friends, family and random Internet people!

First, the diet.  Going plant powered has thus far provided:
  • A more balanced diet and therefore a more balanced energy system (no sleepy afternoons at work)
  • A cheerier outlook on life (just feel more positive and less grumpy... No scientific backing for this one)
  • I've attained my target weight (73kg, thanks for asking)
  • I ran a 5km PB on Saturday (likely due to my running going well and carrying less fat around)
  • I've found a bunch of new vegan and vegetarian friends at work (really lovely people)
  • A way more varied diet (Julie and I have been experimenting with food, with some success!)
  • Regular errr... movements (they don't tell you about constipation re: low carb and thus low fibre diets)
Not too shabby if you ask me.

Next up is a community service announcement.  If you are running for longer distances, make sure you cut your nails.  Otherwise you get this:


Yup, the long nail cuts into the toe next to it, leading to blood and pain and annoyingly difficult to clean socks.

In related news, did a long run today of 19km in absolutely lovely weather.  Not too bad a run, getting back into the higher mileage as I rebound from my calf injury.  Speaking of which, calf is awesome, no problems at all on flats now. Still some issues with hills, but I can work on that as the healing continues.  Never liked hills that much anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment