Tuesday 15 January 2013

Off for a walk

So on Sunday Julie and I hit the trails and did a jaunty 21km loop near Guildford:


I really enjoyed the walk... So much so that I'd want to do it as a run.  As you can probably guess, my leg is 90% healed and I'm back in business!

My recovery has been much hastened by going to a physio and getting the underlying issue sorted and the injured muscle mercilessly massaged.  From this I have decided that physios are awesome.  If you are a physio, give yourself a pat on the back.  If you are near a physio, and it wouldn't be totally weird, give him or her a hug in appreciation.

So my beloved physio has patched me up and given me a bunch of exercises to help avoid a repeat of the same injury.  Here's hoping for a incident free lead up to Edinburgh.

But I digress, back to the trek...  At around half way, we came across this great little sign:


Love it :)

While on the walk we got to see lots of quintessentially English countryside, including this path/tunnel/hobbit hole thingy:


Very Alice in Wonderland I thought.

Final thing for this update - the diet! All is going really well, energy levels are great, recovery is good, variety is... Well, that needs some work.  It is so easy to get stuck in a rut of always buying the same food you know how to prepare.  I need to break out and try new things.  Food is the source of our very beings and it deserves to have a bit of thought and effort put into selecting and preparing it.

This may lead to disaster, but hey, that's the fun part :)

No comments:

Post a Comment