Wednesday 7 November 2012

Day 10 - Jinxing myself

No sooner had I posted about my sleep being better than normal, then I had the worst night's sleep ever.  Stressing about work unnecessarily, tossing and turning the whole night. I do marvel at my ability to jinx myself... Which gives me an idea... Ahem.  I'm on day 10 and and I'm lucky that random people haven't given me millions of dollars for no good reason. Hint hint.

Hey, you never know, it could work.  Not likely, but call me an eternal optimist.

Anyway, it is all okay, since I got a new toy to play with today!

As my runs have been getting longer and longer, I've been struggling with how to stay hydrated and comfortable at the same time.  So far I've tried:
  • The bum-bag bottle.  Hated it. Bounced around and just wasn't comfortable.
  • Just running with a bottle in my hand.  Not bad, but annoying over time.
  • Running with a fancy bottle with a hand strap. My favourite so far, but a bit annoying with gloves as it gets slippy.
  • Forgetting to bring anything.  Not recommended.  Had to stop running and walk home.  Seriously, don't do that.
Which brings me onto my latest attempt:
That's right, a hydration vest! This one is from Salomon and was generally highly rated by people who should know a lot more about this sort of stuff than me.  I tried it on briefly and it does feel snug and comfy.  Will take it out for a spin on the weekend and see how that puppy goes.

On the food side, I've started to repeat various easy to make/buy foods.  I need to expand my vegan repertoire and my culinary skills. I'm sure I'll be posting some disasters here in no time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment