Sunday 11 November 2012

Day 14 - Back on track

I've shaken the worst of the food poisoning now. I was even able to do a short 5km run this evening, although a painfully slow one.  I did try out the (somewhat superfluous) hydration vest and it was extremely comfortable.  Look forward to giving it another try soon.

On the food front, we had veg burgers today for lunch and they were awesome! Did not find myself thinking meat would add anything to it. Instead all the flavours came together more naturally and I managed to stuff two of them down, even though my appetite is still quite suppressed.  The best part was that even though it was a big meal (calculated it was about 900 calories) and I felt totally stuffed from it (and still do)... No the best part was missing the associated "bleah" low energy moment straight afterwards.  Feels nice to normalise the energy curve from the previous roller coaster ride.

Will start back with another easy run tomorrow, gym on Tuesday and then a medium/long run on Thursday.  Then jet-setting off to Australia to see family.  Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment