Tuesday 6 November 2012

Day 9 - Who doesn't like a PB?

Clearly not me. Very victorious though.
Today I went for a 10km run at lunch and managed to set a new PB (not hard at my pace, but hey). I'm taking this as definitive proof that my plant based diet is working in at least some small measure. However that got me to thinking and I believe that in order to progress you can't focus on a single thing - you have to take a holistic approach.  So while I've been focusing a lot on my diet, I've also been thinking about how I feel (aches, pains, tiredness, energy, etc), my sleep and my thoughts.

So I'm aiming for:
  • Positive thoughts - I will not stress about the things I cannot change and will not allow anger/fear to control me
  • Good eating - not just eliminating animal products, but thinking about everything I'm using to fuel my body
  • Proactive actions - stretches and targeted exercises for weak areas
  • Rest - making sure I get to bed at a good time and sleep deeply 
But above all:
  • Hard work and patience - good things come to those who work both hard and smart. Progress from determined effort is its own reward.
I think I'm making progress on all these, however incremental. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment