Thursday 8 November 2012

Day 11 - Ups and Downs

Had an important meeting today that didn't quite go as well as I'd hoped.  Left me feeling a bit "bleah" for the rest of the day.  Not the vegetables fault though, so enough of that!

What is interesting is how my weight loss program has been going.  I've been limiting myself to a net intake of 1,800 calories a day.  That means if I do a big run, I eat more to compensate the calories burned.

The chart below shows my daily weigh in over the past 40 or so days.  You can see that 11 days ago I stopped eating all animal products, marked by the red line.  What gets interesting is how my previous diet involved a great deal of daily fluctuation (the maxes and mins) with a steady downward trend.  My new plant powered diet is more consistent and the rate of weight loss is a bit steeper (for no additional exercise).

My goal is to reach 10% body fat (at about 12% now) which means I will aim to plateau out at around 74kg or so.  With my new diet that shouldn't be a problem at all.  The interesting thing will be making sure I don't lose too much weight.  Wow, never thought I'd have to worry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment