Monday 12 November 2012

Day 15 - Too much fun

This whole vegan gig is getting to be a lot of fun.  I'm finding new and interesting things to eat each day, some old, some new. 

Today's lunch was catered (a small reward for a 6 hour meeting) and consisted of sandwiches (all with either cheese or meat), a giant bowl of fruit and another of baked crisps. Everyone dove for the sandwiches and I beelined for the fruit and crisps.  Two bananas, an apple, a plum, two handfuls of grapes and a pile crisps later and I was in heaven.  All for about the same calories as two sandwiches - yet all the more nutritious and filling. 

I was doubly pleased since I didn't need to make a fuss, instead I just went with what I found compatible and made the most of it. No-one should be "that guy" who makes a big deal out of how hard done by they are at every meal.  I did get a quick question over my fruity choice - "don't you eat bread?"...  Now, I've learnt that the V-word tends to polarise people quite a lot, so I've found just saying that I don't eat meat or dairy (or anything animal derived if pushed) fits in with most people's world view.  People have all sorts of diets and preferences, so it goes down well.  It is a little sad that "vegan" has become such a emotionally loaded word, but such is the way of language and perception.

This evening I couldn't be bother preparing anything, so dinner was left over goodies.  Doesn't sound that great?  Well, not if your leftover goodies are all delicious:


Yup, that's a pineapple, avocado, cucumber and tomato burger.  And yes, it did taste wonderful!

Preparation time: about 2 minutes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment